EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2018: Best New Brand
Family-run firm makes a range of healthy outdoor meals with strong branding
The winner of this year’s Excellence Award for Best New Brand is…. Firepot Food
Firepot meals are a range of healthy, delicious dehydrated meals designed to be eaten on outdoor adventures. They are lightweight (from 110g); quick to cook (add hot water to the bag and wait 15 minutes); available in regular and extra-large portions (510kcal-950kcal), and only use locally-sourced ingredients — no artificial preservatives, no palm oil, no high salt levels — so they taste like real home cooking.
- We fill a much-needed hole in the expedition industry. Our food refuses to short-change the consumer on our three principles of a good meal in the wild: natural flavour (no chemicals), ethics (compostable packaging and local food sourcing), utility (lightweight and high calorie).
- We cater to everyone. Vegan, gluten-free, lactose-free, FODMAP diets, keto, half-portions, double-portions. If our meals don’t already fit a dietary requirement, we make bespoke menu plans: we’ve cut all sugar from meals, swapped onions for cabbage, removed beans, celery, fruit and more.
- We’re trying to help the planet. All our customers can buy their meals in fully compostable pouches at no extra cost. The food needs to be cooked in a pan, but it means the packaging can be added to the compost. We’re working towards a solution where packaging can be compostable and support in-the-bag cooking.
- Our food has already been to the most extreme places on earth: Everest, the Atlantic, the Pacific, the Gobi Desert, the Sahara, Antarctica, the Arctic, a space habitat, Denali, Baffin Island and more. Always on real trips with real explorers.
- We really care: Firepot was born out of a genuine desire to improve the expedition industry. We’re a family-run company based in rural Dorset, and as adventurers ourselves, know the importance good food has on energy and morale. It seems other people agree: search #fuelledbyfirepot to see our support, driven by real users with no ‘paid’ marketing.